Thursday, December 8, 2011

An Inspired Glitter Design with Claws Up

Today, I would like to welcome Jacquie from Claws Up. She has a Lady Gaga-inspired guest post for us today! Enjoy:


**********


Hey there! My name is Jacquie, LittleMonsterx14 from Claws Up.  I am honored to be a guest poster on Amber’s blog today so I hope everyone enjoys my post!



Since this is my first guest post I wanted to do a manicure that I have not posted about on my own blog, yay treats!


For those that don’t know I am a HUGE Lady Gaga fan – hence Little Monster, and of course my blog title Claws up, based on Paws up.  I watched one of her interviews on TV and loved her nails!




Clearly I am no professional but I was really inspired by this look.  I love the accents of sparkle by her cuticles and I wanted to try a simpler style inspired by this look.


I started with black – Sally Hanson Hard as Nail Xtreme Wear in Black Out.  For the glitter, instead of nail polish, I used loose glitter – Splash Nail Art Glitter in Onyx.  It is a little jar full of, you guessed it, glitter, and I love my glitter!  This glitter is a beautiful dark silver/black with hints of green and goes great with any dark polish.  I love how easy it is to work with.  You can sprinkle it on, dip the tip of your nail for a French manicure look, or dip your hole finger for even more glitter.  What I love about this compared to glitter polish is that you have so much more glitter on your nail and you don’t have to glob on lots of polish to get the glitter overload look you want and that I love.  Splash also makes a clear coat to go with their glitter.  I like to use it so I don’t get glitter into my normal clear coat.  The formula is great and really doesn’t push around the glitter too much if you are careful and it seals on the glitter to prevent it from falling off.














How I achieved this look: Start off with my secret weapon – Sally Hanson Miracle Cure for Severe Problem Nails.  Follow with two coats of Sally Hanson Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Black out.  Then done, nail-by-nail, one more coat of clear and then the sparkles.  I took an orangewood stick, and with the flat cut side I scooped up some glitter from the jar and poured it onto the bottom on my nail by the cuticle, and shook off the excess back into the jar.  Finished off with a layer of the Splash Nail Glitter clear coat.


Tell me what you think!



Thank you again to Amber from Nails Like Lace for letting me post on her blog! Please check out my blog here.


**********


Thanks for sharing with us! Glittery looks are the best! (Sorry, Fingers, it's true.) =)


If you haven't yet, stop by and see more nail designs at Claws Up!


Thanks for stopping by and everyone have a great day!
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder