Saturday, January 28, 2012

11 Cuestiones

I received this from Shannara from Nails and Stuff! And from Ashesela from Art EvolveThank you both so much!! =)

Rules: 
  • Each person much post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
  • Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
  • You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
  • Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
  • No tag-backs.
  • No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." You legitimately have to tag 11 people.


11 things about me:
It was hard to come up with things I haven't already said. It actually took me a few days to finish this section.
It is similar to this one.
  1. I love scarves. I rarely purchase them, but often craft them... and then never wear them. I have this hanger for scarves and whatnot.  It's like a regular hanger but the open, center part is a flat piece with lots of bottle cap-sized holes in it. There's probably about two dozen holes... it's almost full, mostly with scarves I have knitted; only about 2 that I bought.
  2. I love BBQ sauce. BBQ chicken. BBQ pork. French fries with BBQ dipping sauce... No wonder I get heartburn so bad sometimes. 
  3. I never decorate my house for holidays. I see it more as a fun thing to do with your children if you have any. Plus we don't have holiday get-togethers at my house, so nobody is going to see it, anyway; so I don't really see a point in spending a whole day on it...
  4. However; My dad has always wanted a real tree for Christmas so I started a semi-tradition, where I go get him a real tree and set it up and decorate it for him while he's at work to surprise him. Except after the first year, the surprise factor isn't really there anymore... 
  5. I don't usually put up a tree, yet I have about a bazillion ornaments, and I bought a bazillion more after Christmas when they were on sale at Michales and I got them for almost $1 a box last month. 
  6. I know how to score a bowling game manually... but I don't really like to bowl (unless it's on the Wii).
  7. I love to play tennis. Except I don't know how to score that game and I don't know how to play for real. We just go out and hit balls back and forth. So I guess I sort of taught myself how to play.
  8. King Kong (the original 1933 version) is one of the best "monster" movies ever made (not including vampire movies, I like to set them apart from the monster genre; they get their own [modern vamps, classic vamps, t.v. vamps, and so on], as do zombies). Although the acting is terrible, the graphics are crap and it's 100 years old, it's way better than the remake and I would rather watch it than an alien movie, Godzilla, aka Gojira, or anything like that.
  9. Speaking of movies, Apollo 18... Worse than March of the Penguins. I visited my mom a few weeks ago and watched that movie. Got up near the beginning to help her make dinner, came back at the end, and I hadn't missed anything. It's actually more fun to wait for Kleancolor polishes to dry.
  10. My HTML code skill being apparently greater than that of Blogger is really aggravating and makes it impossible to make things look more like I want them to. For example, WHY can I not properly place a picture within a numbered list unless it's merged at the very top?? WHY can I not format things to be in two-columns without screwing up the entire formatting of the blog itself?! -.- Lame.
  11. Have you ever been to Texas Roadhouse? Restaurant food is the worst crap a human can consume and they're partly (I realize it's all about self control, but eliminating temptation would be helpful to that) the reason that America is obese, but OMG I freaking LOVE their BBQ chicken and rolls!!!

The 11 questions Shannara created:
  1. What is your favorite movie?
    Currently, it's Desperado. Ever since I did my Desperado nails, I keep repeatedly singing the intro song to myself and can't get it out of my head!! "Aguardiente es lo mejor, también el tequila blanco con su sal le da sabor!" ...Okay, I'm done. =)
  2. What is your dream?
    To become an Egyptologist. 
  3. Do you have brothers or sisters?
    Nope! I'm a spoiled only child! 
  4. Are you religious?
    No. But if I were, I'll just say that Christianity would not be the religion I would choose to follow. We'll leave it at that, as I don't care to start a religion argument. =)
  5. What are your hobbies?
    Polish, sculpting, writing, knitting, and documentaries.
  6. What would you change in your life?
    Hmm.... Could I build myself an anti-drama, anti-stupidity, pro-chillthefuckout force field shield and add that to my life? Actually, we should add that to all of America! =P
  7. Which charity would you support?
    Do foundations count, like cancer ones and so forth? In which case, it'd be the one to stop animal abuse! If for no other reason, their commercials almost always make me cry (or at least sad)!
  8. What would you do if you were a millionaire tomorrow?
    I would have to buy a new/bigger car... Because I am sure my two-door itty bitty wouldn't be able to handle all of that new polish!! =P
  9. Blind or def?
    If I became blind or def tomorrow, or am I blind/def now? Currently, I am not either. But I suppose I would freak out at first, if it happened. Then just deal with it and learn to adjust; no other option.
  10. What do you enjoy the most?
    Water. I swear I am part fish with how much I like to swim! Pools, beach, ocean, whatever!
  11. Who would you want to be for a day?
    Melanie Griffith. She's not funny. She's not a good actress. She's not even that pretty (just say 'NO' to your surgeon, a little plastic goes a long way), honestly. But yeesh her hubby is GORGEOUS (with a matching beautiful accent)! =)


The 11 questions Ashesela created:

  1. What did you want to be when you grow up? (As a child :D)
    A teacher.
  2. What is your favorite time of the day or night?
    Daytime would be around 2 when it's the warmest out! =P
  3. If you could fix one thing about this world, what would it be?
    I'd eliminate stupidity!
  4. What is your favorite music?
    Country.
  5. If you could change into any animal (or reptile) any time you wanted to, what would it be?Probably a tiger. They're gorgeous kitties!! =)
  6. What is the first thing you would do if tomorrow morning there was a zombie apocalypse? XDHrmm..... RUN!! Haha!
  7. If you could meet anyone (past or present) who would it be?
    Elvis! =)
  8. If you had the opportunity to travel the universe with Dr. Who, would you do it? (Also, where would you like to go first?)
    I have no idea who that is... So I'm gonna say no.
  9. What is your favorite gemstone?
    Emerald. They're just so brilliantly gorgeous!
  10. What was your favorite class in school?
    Spanish.
  11. Tell me about someone who made a huge impact on your life. 
    My madre. She's where my polish love originated.



I tag:
I really wanted to tag more, (sorry, Fingers, we both know you don't like to follow the rules, so I figured you wouldn't really be interested in this one <3), but I had to narrow it down to 11. =(

My 11 questions for you:
It was a little difficult to come up with interesting questions, too; and, for the hell of it, I figured I'd answer my own, too.
Image found here
  1. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    I would have to say BBQ chicken! Mmmmmm! As long as I could have a never-ending supply of heartburn suppressants as well.
  2. If you could only use one polish (multiple bottles of it, though, of course) for the rest of eternity, which lucky gem would you choose?
    NOPI Disco Dolls.
  3. Favorite polish finish (pearl, glitter, duo-chrome, matte, etc.)?
    Creme.
  4. Nail care: Honestly, when taking down nail length, do you go through the long process of solely filing, or do you sometimes first sneak those clippers out if you are taking down a lot of length (the nail gods won't strike you down if you admit it, although some bloggers might)? 
    Occasionally I have, but I'm getting better at leaving the clippers alone.
  5. Nail envy: What nail shape do you wish you could pull off but either don't feel you have the guts to attempt it, or know it would, sadly, would never look good on you in a million years?
    I am not necessarily a big fan of oval tips, but I do wish I could pull them off, as I would then have more shape options.
  6. Stash: Just to clarify, is there really such thing as 'too much' or 'plenty of polish'? Didn't think so... So... Double digits or triple?
    Around 100. Maybe about 150 now. I haven't counted in a while.
  7. When discussing it with someone outside of the polish community, do you announce said number pridefully or does it embarrass you to say that you actually own that much polish? Pridefully, as I know many bloggers who are up to 4 digits!!
  8. Polish envy: What is your all-time numero uno desire that, despite your love for it, is either way too expensive to purchase, or is ancient and no longer sold?
    I almost feel required to say a Lippmann or Julep polish here, considering they cost close to what my largest tattoo did, but I have never really seen anything by either company that I would die for. So I'll say GOSH's silver holo.
  9. Nail "piercings": Spectacular or horrific?
    Neat, with the right look. I have tried them before but always fear I am going to rip my nail in half when I catch the dangly on something.
  10. Is there one certain nail look/technique that you absolutely adore creating or seeing (sponging, ruffians, stamping, etc.)?
    I love the ruffians, but I really like sponging a lot, too!
  11. What/Who inspired your polish obsession?
    Probably my mom. She never owned as many polishes as I do, but she always had her nails long, pretty and painted and would occasionally throw on a free-hand snowman for Christmas or something like that.
Whew! Alright... Have at it tagees! =D
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder