Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Interconnecting Dots Video Tutorial

Yesterday, Joy from Drugstore Junkie requested a tutorial for a design that has been popular lately. Some call it gradient dots, I call them interconnecting dots simply because I can't think of a better name for them.

I have no clue where this original design came from, it just popped up all over Instagram and I loved it! It is fairly easy to accomplish, and the outcome looks really neat!

For said nails, besides your favorite base/topcoat, you only need three items:
A dotting tool. I prefer the larger one, but you can do the dots in any size you like, and two one-coater polishes that are opaque or nearly opaque in just one coat. I used L'Oreal's Greycian Goddess and Zoya's Reagan.

I was able to put together a quick video last night, but, fair warning, I rarely do tutorials so I am not the best at them. Also, I hate how my voice sounds on tape, so instead, I muted it to save your ears, and added an original song from my husband's BFF(haha, I am sure they'd love me calling them BFFs), Aaron Blumer. Whom, by the way, you should check out because he is amazingly talented! He does stuff more along the lines of the John Meyer/country genre, and does it very well!

My camera does better at photographing. This is the first time I've used it for video, so I haven't quit gotten the hang of it when it comes to positioning, settings and whatnot, so bare with me!



Not too shabby for what's basically my first video tutorial, I hope? And I hope this helps! I don't know that I am doing this design "correctly", but this is the way it works best for me! :)

Last but not least, for your viewing pleasure, and since I haven't promoted this cute face enough today, Aaron's latest video from his new album that he just finished recording:

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder